We love the opportunity to share our experience and ideas with the wider world, and to keep up with the latest news and trends through attending events and forums. Here are some of our recent highlights:
- Rowland Chairman Geoff Rodgers presented to MinterEllison Gold Coast’s in-house counsel program on the topic of ‘Horrible Headlines’, looking at managing reputation during an issue or crisis.
- Managing Director Helen Besly helped inspire the next generation of leaders when she presented to Rotaract about the power of personal positioning, and hosted the Public Relations Institute of Australia ‘Meet the Industry’ evening for new and emerging practitioners
- Emily Wood, Director, Organisational and Change Communication continued her lengthy and notable involvement with Rotaract and Rotary International at the annual Rotary International Convention in Toronto, Canada in July. Emily was honoured as one of only two keynote speakers at the official Rotaract 50th Anniversary Luncheon, sharing the impact the organisation has had on her life with 600-plus attendees from around the world.
- Fiona Sperou, Chief Operating Officer and Bruce Ruddy, Specialist Advisor were part of a seminar at Gadens in August, talking about effective digital communication management, social media and technology in the workplace.
- Our Head of Digital, Rob Lovegrove is an in-demand presenter on the future of communication and the opportunities and change impacts presented by digital and data disruption. In September, Rob presented to AICD’s Regional Chairs Forum, and was the opening speaker at the Queensland Business Writers’ Conference attended by approximately 80 public sector communication practitioners on the topic ‘What does the future of communication look like?’.
- Bruce Ruddy, Specialist Advisor presented to clients and industry representatives at a Cooper Grace Ward-hosted seminar in September, spotlighting crisis communication response to cyber-crime and data breaches.
- Fiona Sperou, who has been with Rowland for more than 18 years, has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer, overseeing day-to-day operations including business strategy, client strategy, finance, human resources, information technology and office administration
- Susan Hawkins has been appointed Head of Brand and Creative Services. In her three years with Rowland as Group Manager Integrated Marketing Communication, Susan has regularly worked in tandem with our Creative gurus on brand and campaign design projects, and brings her outstanding skills, flair and attention to detail to everything she does. Susan’s appointment to this newly created role provides great continuity for our valued clients and further enhances Rowland’s client offer as a leader in the brand and design field.
- Melissa Lemberg moves into the Group Manager Marketing Communication position, stepping in to Susan’s shoes. Melissa — also a long-term Rowlander — is a well-travelled and seasoned marketing and communication consultant, with over 12 years’ experience in respected agencies in Queensland, Canada, and the UK.
- It is an exciting time for our Creative team. As well as Susan’s appointment to lead the reshaped practice area, several of our longstanding and talented team are taking on new challenges as we evolve our services:
- Dean Power, with Rowland for six years and an exceptional design and brand talent, moves into his new role as Creative Director, overseeing all aspects of creative design across print, multimedia and digital channels
- Christine Rosher, part of our team for six years and a talented designer and project manager, takes on the Group Manager Creative role with responsibility for client and team management.
- Catriona Babao, a Rowlander for more than eight years, has taken on the newly created position of Digital Project Manager, responsible for coordination of integrated digital projects.
- Rowland’s Marketing Communication team has been bolstered with the appointment of Anna Fitzpatrick as a Manager. Anna has more than 10 years’ experience in government, aviation and consulting and is dedicated to helping companies uncover their ‘why’ and tell a persuasive and compelling story.
- Louise Priddle has joined our Corporate Communication team as a consultant. Louise’s experience as a media and policy advisor for elected representatives in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast further strengthens Rowland’s government relations offering.
- We love the opportunity to offer young practitioners a great career start, and are delighted that Laura Healey has joined our Marketing Communication team following her internship with us on the Vinnies’ CEO Sleepout in 2018. Laura is already kicking goals for our clients with her media relations, social media and copywriting and editing skills.